I wasn’t born like this. My parents were not flower children. I did not grow up on a farm. And I used to be able to go to the grocery store without examining ingredient labels. Who I am now and what I believe in has been a building process. Piece by piece I have stacked one bit of knowledge on top of another. I like to think that the stack has formed Bloom Bake Shop and, in a way, it really has. After all, the ingredients that went in to this shop were chosen with the same care that we put in to choosing the ingredients of our sweet treats. When you visit our shop feel free to admire:
- Reused cabinets from Habitat for Humanity’s Re-Store.
- Walls covered in VOC and toxin-free Premier Paints.
- Totally biodegradable linoleum from Eco Friendly Flooring.
- A bar and bakery case made from locally sourced wood and by local talent, Matt Parnell.
- Lights 100% powered by the wind.
- Used appliances recycled from former businesses.
- New Energy Star appliances.
- Recycled and recyclable take out boxes from, with ribbon made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Environmentally friendly cleaning supplies.
- Water from a Culligan triple-filter drink water system which wastes less water than other filtering systems.
- PVC-Free vinyl indoor wall graphics.