It's what's on the inside that counts. Right? Perhaps I took the 'sugar and spice and everything nice' clause a bit too seriously, but I can't help but feel that the 'nice' part has been severely underrated. Pesticides, synthetic chemicals, irradiation, growth hormones, and antibiotics don't sound nice to me, so I decided to leave them out of our Bloom treats. Below is a list of our main suppliers. They supply all the sugar and spice we could need, plus a helping of everything nice for you.
- Fruits and veggies from Keewaydin Farms
- Seasonal inspiration comes from the Dane County Farmer’s Market
- Antibiotic & hormone-free eggs from the free-range
chickens at Pecatonica Valley Farm
- Organic peanut butter from Yumbutters
- Delicious preserves from Quince & Apple, Rose Cottage Jams and Slack's Jelly Farm
- Eggs and dairy from Organic Valley
- Organic, fair trade sugar via Florida Crystals
- Java and caffeine a la Just Coffee
- Fair trade, organic tea thanks to Rishi Tea
- Co-op grown hot cocoa from Equal Exchange
- Natural sodas courtesy of WiscoPop
- Sustainably harvested vanilla from Singing Dog Vanilla
FOOD ALLERGY CONCERNS
At Bloom we feel it is a privilege to bake up treats for our customers who have certain food allergies, follow special diets or prefer specific ingredients. We take this privilege very seriously. We bake our Gluten Free/Vegan treats first thing in the morning before traditional baking begins. We bake in a separate area of our small shop, use separate utensils and use completely separate ingredients (down to the salt, baking soda and powder). We do use the same cupcake pans as traditional baking, but we sterilize them and use fresh cupcake liners. We even use separate towels for drying and hand washing. Despite taking every precaution, we cannot guarantee that our treats are free of trace amounts of nuts, tree nuts, wheat, dairy, eggs, soy, sesame seeds or other allergens. We welcome any questions and feedback and are happy to explain our procedures further.
We do not have or sell any treats that are labeled Peanut or Tree Nut Free.